The Oregon Game Project Challenge, OGPC is a statewide video game design competition for middle and high school teams to design, develop, and showcase a video game project based on a theme.
Each Fall, they release the year’s theme through an interactive game jam where students learn how to prototype game ideas.
They then have until Spring to make their video game ideas a reality. In the Spring, they come together to one location to showcase their games and get feedback from the judges. The event culminates with an awards ceremony.
Century High School is proud to have one several competitions in the past, including:
- 2017-18 Best in Show: Pan Polskie
- 2015-16 Judges’ Choice Award for Terradox
Documents and resources to help with Game Development:
- OGPC’s List of Resources – from online music editors to game engines and more, this is the list where you want to begin
- Game Object Document – use this for developing all games
- Sprint Planning Worksheet – use this to plan for each release of the game